Latest version is 12.0
Odoo can be downloaded in different flavors (deb, rpm, exe, source, docker ...).
You can as well try it directly in our SaaS platform!
Odoo on Docker
We think Docker technology is great for our infrastructure and we share it!
Want to test Odoo in few minutes with Docker?
If you do not have any Odoo server installed in your server, you can start your own Odoo in few minutes via Docker in command line. There are multiple advantages of this method, one of which is to "containerize" the Odoo server. With this method, the Odoo server is contained in one virtual environment (Docker) and do not impact the rest of the server.
This method is very practical, quick and safe for simple tests (although of course you can run full production server under Docker too!).
Here is the basic how-to (based on https://github.com/Elico-Corp/odoo-docker), valid for Ubuntu OS but could also easily be replicated in MacOS or Windows:
2. Create the directory structure (assuming the base install directory will be `odoo`)
mkdir odoo && cd odoo mkdir -p ./volumes/postgres ./volumes/odoo/addons ./volumes/odoo/filestore \ ./volumes/odoo/sessions
3. Create a `docker-compose.yml` file in `odoo` directory with following content:
version: '3.3' services: postgres: image: postgres:9.5 volumes: - ./volumes/postgres:/var/lib/postgresql/data environment: - POSTGRES_USER=odoo odoo: image: elicocorp/odoo:10.0 command: start ports: - 127.0.0.1:8069:8069 volumes: - ./volumes/odoo/addons:/opt/odoo/additional_addons - ./volumes/odoo/filestore:/opt/odoo/data/filestore - ./volumes/odoo/sessions:/opt/odoo/data/sessions links: - postgres:db environment: - ADDONS_REPO=https://github.com/OCA/business-requirement.git - ODOO_DB_USER=odoo
4. Fire up your container (in `odoo` directory)
docker-compose up -d odoo
5. Open a web browser and navigate the URL you have set up in your `docker-compose.yml` file (http://127.0.0.1:8069 in this particular example)
6. Create a new database
7. Update the addons list in your database (Menu `Apps > Update Apps List` in developer mode)
8. Install the `Business Requirements` modules in menu `Apps`.