Traditional Application Service Provider:
- Application services in a hosted data center style.
- Customer-specific applications run by one ASP.
- Expertise needed in each application.
- Service-level and financial failures.
- Customer needs for in-house expertise.
Software as a Service:
Nowadays, nevertheless, the difference beween ASP and SaaS is getting thiner and thiner.
- Applications specifically designed to be hosted and delivered over the Internet to many customers.
- No need to buy the software from a third party.
- Customer specific instance of the application.
- Still economies of scale because of the simpler application scenario.
[ilink url="http://www.elico-corp.com/saas/"]Discover our SaaS offer[/ilink]