Most of the performance issues we had with the new api are now fixed and the speed is roughly the same. We should see improvements as we move on to convert the whole code base to the new api (less switches from v8 old).We are currently migrating to the new branch (internally and on the saas).
Here is a list of things still to do:
- exporting translations
- rename in a backward compatible way openerp -> odoo
- fix the packaging
- fix apps instalation
- fix bugs that we will discover while migrating our online userbase
Once this is done we will publish the new packages. In the mean time you may already start your development on v8 as the database schema and api is now frozen. We might break it if we find a huge problem that requires an api or schema change, but this is unlikely. I want to congratulate my team, the Odoo RD, for the tremendous work they did on this release. I also want to thank the community for their contributions, feedback and their trust. There was a lot of changes the last two months. I think the results are overwhelmingly positive. Many of you have already noticed, since the github switch, patches are processed much more quickly and we are able to keep the rhythm. We plan to continue improving the contribution process.
Source: Mail from Anthony Lesuisse, July 2014
Who is Elico Corp
We are Odoo Silver and Premium Certified Training partner for China and Hong-Kong and we have offices in Shanghai and ShenZhen. Elico Corp has been voted Best Odoo Partner 2014 for Asia Pacific. We do provide the following services:
- Odoo implementation (Check our customers’ references: http://www.elico-corp.com/portfolio/customer-references/)
- Odoo SaaS and hosting ( http://www.elico-corp.com/portfolio/openerp-hosting/)
- Odoo development (we are one of the main community contributors of www.odoo.com/apps)
- Odoo Support (http://www.elico-corp.com/portfolio/openerp-support/)
- Official Certified Trainings (the only one in China: http://www.elico-corp.com/training/)