What do you need to get started:
- Multi-company products, visible in all the companies involved in the process
- 2 companies: one origin and one destination
- 2 backends linked to each company involved in the communication
- one user in each company able to perform the actions (to be setup in the backends).
- Setup the back end to perform the requested action, depending on the events.
- Standard OpenERP Modules
- openerp-connector modules (http://openerp-connector.com/)
- base_intercompany: this is the main module with all generic methods, adapters, mappings etc.
- base_intercompany_sale: this is the module for sales/purchases intercompany process
- base_intercompany_stock (planned): this is the module for stock intercompany process
- base_intercompany_invoicing (planned): this is the module for invoicing intercompany process
How to test it?
- Create a demo database
- Install the module base_intercompany_sale
- Go to connector/ backend and create the setup in Backend Origin (eg PO to SO: create, update, delete and confirm)
- Connect to Origin company
- Create a PO to the Destination company with products and save it
- Connect to Destination company
- Check that a SO has been created
Here are the current working patterns:
- SO 2 SO: a Sales Order created in company A will automatically create a Sales Order in company B
- DO 2 DO: a Delivery Order created in company A will automatically create a Delivery Order in company B (subcase of SO to SO)
- SO 2 PO: a Sales Order created in company A will automatically create a Purchase Order in company B
- PO 2 SO: a Purchase Order created in company A will automatically create a Salews Order in company B
Patterns planned in the future (community contribution accepted!):
- PO 2 PO: a Purchase Order created in company A will automatically create a Purchase Order in company B
- IS 2 IS: an Incoming Shipment created in company A will automatically create an Incoming Shipment in company B (subcase of PO to PO)
- DO 2 IS: a Delivery Order created in company A will automatically create an Incoming Shipment in company B
- IS 2 DO: an Incoming Shipment created in company A will automatically create a Delivery Order in company B
- CI 2 SI: a Customer Invoice created in company A will automatically create a Supplier Voucher in company B
- SI 2 CI: a Supplier Voucher created in company A will automatically create a Customer Invoice in company B
You can configure the following events to perform an action in the destination company:
- Creation of objects
- Update of the objects
- Deletion of the objects
- Cancel (equivalent to press button Cancel)
- Confirm (equivalent to press button Confirm or Validate)
The functionality has been built on the openerp-connector and provide the following features:
- Possibility to enqueue all jobs
- Queue Error management
- By default no delay is setup in current module (no job queue)
- Patterns are generic and behaviors are transitive: you can have multiple company involved with several cascade up and down.
- You can setup complex rules such as creating the object in one company and confirmation in the other.
- Company Origin (to Destination): SO2PO (Create, update, delete but no confirm)
- Company Destination (to Origin): PO2SO (only confirm)
- A video will be soon posted
Where are the modules available: https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community/openobject-addons/elico-7.0
If you have any question, please contact us: email@example.com