This is particularly useful, for instance, for support services. Indeed all your OpenERP users could chat with firstname.lastname@example.org (support need to have a wlm account, but can use this email through their phone, laptop, pidgin, and so on..). The users can use their Windows Live Messenger account or log-on as "Visitor". To set this addon up, you will have to :
- Log on your Windows Live account (http://hotmail.com/)
- Go to this URL : http://settings.messenger.live.com/applications/WebSettings.aspx
- Tick the checkbox "Allow anyone on the web to see my presence and send me messages." then click on the button "Save".
- Then click on "Create HTML" on the right side menu, scrolldown to the section with the HTML code and copy your key
- Finally replace the two "my_own_key" in the file ~/web_wlm_chat/static/src/xml/base.xml by your own key (eg: 5853ad247d1c7d0e).